Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September! Wow Jester has been here over a year now!!

The summer sores are subsiding.He continues to be uncomfortable without boots on his fores, but there is some concavity forming that has NOT been there before!!! I boot him for turnout about half the time. I keep lowering the RF heel, little at a time. He still has dorsal flares I thought I was winning on those, but I have to wait for more concavity/sole thickness. Hind hooves are fairly stable and healthy. I mostly refresh the breakover and groom the bars and frogs. He is wearing fly boots on his fore legs. Far less itching on those lower legs :) The face wounds are no longer oozing. I will not miss massaging the fluid out of his face to get the encysted habronemas and the plasma type goo out. No more swelling. The lesion on his cheek is still proud. I am using Wonder Dust on it. Wonder dust is what I ended up using the most, and wrapping the edges of the fly mask with bandaids to prevent chafing. At least the left side of his face looks great! I'm increasing his pellet intake, trying to bring his weight up to "bloom" level. He's not skinny, just not in full flesh. Finances permitting, I'd like to show him once this fall. We can easily do Walk Trot classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment